Life in Nauvoo has slowed way down with school back in session. Elder Johnson and I are relieved because we have new scripts to learn at each site each week and we can use down times to rehearse. Some of the sites we are assigned to are now repeats, but we also have new ones regularly and will for the next while since there are 27 different sites just in Nauvoo.
However, our life will change again when school tours start. Business will also pick up when tourists come to see fall colors. I bet its going to be breathtaking.
So while we had the chance, we went to the Abraham Lincoln Museum in Springfield which is about 2 1/2 hours away.
This is Abe in front of a replica of his childhood home.
Can you tell who's real and who's wax?
Below is Abe Linclon's tomb.
They have done a super job honoring one of America's greatest heroes.
One morning we came around the bend to see these deer checking us out. We stared at each other for quite a while. I'm not sure which of us was more curious.
So, I think you need some humor since I'm bored...you must be too.
Here you go...
Paraprosdokians (Winston Churchill loved them) are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected, frequently humorous.
1. Where there's a will, I want to be in it.
2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.
3. Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
4. If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
5. We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.
6. War does not determine who is right--only who is left.
7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
9. I didn't say it was your fault; I said I was blaming you.
10. In filling out an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency, Notify:' I put 'DOCTOR.'
11. Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut and still think they are sexy.
12. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
13. I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.
14. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
15. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
16. You're never too old to learn something stupid.
17. I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Thanks goes to my niece, Arick.