Monday, August 3, 2015

Goodbye Breakfast, John Deere Factory, Relatives, Pageant is over!

July's Goodbye Breakfast was so big, we held it in the Women's Garden at the Visitor's Center.
 We said "goodbye" to all the Young Performing missionaries, as well as the pageant core casts.
 We held it a few weeks ago and some of them aren't leaving for another week, so it seemed strange to all of us to hold it so early in the month. However, many of them are leaving tomorrow and the rest will follow in a week.
John Deere Harvester
For Preparation day this week, we went to Moline and took a tour at the John Deere Factory

 Can you believe the size of this animal? It's as big as a house and can harvest 38 acres an hour. I didn't mis-speak...38 per hour!

 We weren't allowed to take pictures inside the factory, but after lunch we stopped by this candy and ice cream shop.
 Don't worry...we just smelled the candy. We might have eaten a little home made ice cream, but just a little...okay a pint.
 My sister, Becky Connell and some of her family came to Nauvoo. They tried to camp, but with two small toddlers, the moms and babies decided to sleep at our house. We were happy to oblige.
 Nauvoo summer:  check out these platter size blossoms. We had to get a picture just so you'd believe us. Did I ever tell you that summer here is beautiful?
We spent a little time at the Country Fair held before the pageant every night, but my camera battery died so I didn't get many pictures. They provided games of all types as well as dancing and family fun. It was actually better equipped than Pioneer Pastimes. My only regret was not getting more ideas on camera.
 The pageant finished up this week. There was close to 3,000 guests every night the past four weeks.

 One evening, the core pageant cast performed what they call, "Our Story Goes On".
What talent...it was incredible.
Our numbers in the sites will drop dramatically when  pageant is finished. However, we had 10,693 guests at Pioneer Pastimes in July alone so it won't be dead--just not as crazy. I'll keep you updated on number of guests for all of Nauvoo after our training meeting this week.

In a nutshell--We did it! What a marvelous experience.

Invitation:
I'm still reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish alongside an English version. Consider these ideas:

There is a story in the book of Alma which tells about the conversion of Amulek. Amulek said, "And behold, I am also a man of no small reputation among all those who know me; yea, and behold, I have many kindreds and friends, and I have also acquired much riches by the hand of my industry.

 Nevertheless, after all this, I never have known much of the ways of the Lord, and his mysteries and marvelous power. I said I never had known much of these things; but behold, I mistake, for I have seen much of his mysteries and his marvelous power; yea, even in the preservation of the lives of this people.
 Nevertheless, I did harden my heart, for I was called many times and I would not hear; therefore I knew concerning these things, yet I would not know; therefore I went on rebelling against God, in the wickedness of my heart, even until the fourth day of this seventh month, which is in the tenth year of the reign of the judges.
Alulek then tells of his conversion. See the rest of the story in Alma 10:6,9, 20-21.

Ultimately, it is the Holy Ghost that confirms truth--right? There is no other way to know the things of God for sure. 

So if the holy Ghost has confirmed to you that the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored, will you choose to believe it and change your life because of it?

Amulek said in verse six that he knew much of the ways of the Lord yet he would not know because he hardened his heart against it.

Will you soften your heart and know that God lives? He loves you and He loves me. He sent His Son to pay for our sins if we will have a broken heart and a contrite spirit for unto none else can the ends of the law be answered. 2 Nephi 2:6-8

Amulek taught that destruction awaits those who will not repent. Alma 10:20-21 I plead with you for your own benefit--repent, and be healed of your sins through the one who has all power and who loves you.


No comments:

Post a Comment